[For info on trains & buses, click here.]
Minamiboso has many beautiful spots which can only be reached by car or bicycle. If you have the time and the weather is good, biking around the countryside can be just as fun as the destination!
See the outline below for general info and prices.
Minamiboso “Kurukuru Shararan” Bike Rental Outline
[Below translated from Minamiboso Tourism page here.]
- There are 12 total bike rental/return locations
(As of Feb. 1, 2015)
- 72 rental bikes available
- City Cycle
- Junior Cycle
- Electric bicycle
※Number of bicycles available may vary depending on the number of rentals
- Rental Cost
- 500 yen per day
- For electric bicycle: 1,000 yen per day
- If the location the bicycle is rented and returned is different, an extra fee of 1,000 yen will be added.
How to Rent/Return the Bicycle
When you rent a bicycle, fill out a form and pay the fee. You will also need to show your ID. They will give you a pass that you need to return with the bicycle, so don’t lose it.
Please return your bicycle by the specified time (of your drop-off location) and return the pass you received.
English bike rental page: https://www.mboso-etoko.jp/navi/e/kurukuru.asp (Limited info)
Rental Locations MAP (See PDF at bottom for details on each location)
Below is a map and list of the bike rental locations in Minamiboso. For specific information about each location (open hours, facilities, etc.) check out the English PDF at the bottom of the page.
- Roadside Station: Furari Tomiyama 道の駅富楽里富山
- Minamiboso City Tourism Information Center 南房総市観光インフォメーションセンター (across the street from Tomiura Biwa Club)
- Roadside Station: Miyoshi Village Hina no Sato 道の駅三芳村鄙の里
- Fureai Shop Heisaura ふれあいショップ平砂浦
- Roadside Station: Nanbo Paradise 道の駅南房パラダイス
- Shirahama Flower Park 白浜フラワーパーク
- Roadside Station: Chikura Seabreeze Kingdom (Shiokaze Okoku) 道の駅ちくら潮風王国
- Chikura Tourism Information Desk 千倉観光案内所
- Roadside Station: Rosemary Park 道の駅ローズマリー公園
- Roadside Station: Wadaura WA・O！道の駅 和田浦WA・O！
- Nature Inn “Kusunoki” 自然の宿「くすの木」
See suggested bike itineraries: http://www.tokyo-day-trip.jp/modelcourse